To be held by Shahr Image Institute, the Artistic and Cultural Organization of Tehran Municipality, with the goal of identifying remarkable aspects of Urban Life Patterns and innovative cinematic works and creating a platform for the exchange of ideas and experiences among world cities.
Films that use an eloquent artistic vision to promote a blissful human life will be considered for the competition section.
Mellat Cineplex, Tehran, Iran
Opening Date: January 27, 2019
Entry Deadline: April 9, 2019
Notification Date: May 10, 2019
Event Dates: July 23-28, 2019
Awards & Prizes
Feature Films in International Competition:
- The festival trophy, an honorary diploma and cash prize for the best fiction film.
- The festival trophy, an honorary diploma and cash prize for the best director of fiction film.
- The festival trophy, an honorary diploma and cash prize for the best documentary film.
- The festival trophy, an honorary diploma and cash prize for the best director of documentary film.
- The festival trophy, an honorary diploma and cash prize for the best script/research.
Short Films in International Competition:
- The festival trophy, an honorary diploma and cash prize for the best director of short documentary.
- The festival trophy, an honorary diploma and cash prize for the best director of short fiction film.
- The festival trophy, an honorary diploma and cash prize for the best director of short animation.
Rules & Terms
- The films MUST be new or have been completed after January 2015.
- The International Premier Films have got a high priority.
- Submitting films is free of charge.
- Entrants can submit as many films as they wish.
- Feature films (fiction) must be at least 70 minutes running time, intended for theatrical release.
- Feature films (Documentary) must be at least 60 minutes of running time.
- Short films (fiction, documentary, animation) must be at most 30 minutes running time.
- The submission form must be completed by the producer or international distributor of the film.
- The high-quality full version of the films must be sent to the festival office via the internet (a download link)
- Sending the full version of the films via mail is also possible. Send two copies of the film (2DVDs) to the festival office. The entrant is responsible for shipping costs.
- All non-English submissions must have English subtitles. It is recommended that entrants send the subtitle files separately.
- The entries must not have logos and/or watermarks.
- The full version of the films must be in Non-Encrypted DCP or Mov: ProRes 1080 P/i 4:4:4:4 /4:4:4/4:2:2.
- Once a film is submitted, it cannot be taken out or returned.
- Accepted entries will be announced by 10th May 2019. Each entrant will be contacted to make sure the contact information you provide is accurate.
- Filmmakers or responsible parties whose films are selected will be invited to attend the festival according to the festival regulations. And those whose films are not selected are welcome to attend the festival and take part in the workshops and seminars free of charge.
- The films which have already been submitted to compete in the festival in the previous year’s CAN NOT participate in this year’s festival.
- A Certificate of Participation will be granted to participants whose films are accepted to compete in the festival.
- Each entry MUST be accompanied by the following:
Director's photo, posters and official pictures of the film, the film dialogues and synopsis along with the director's biography in order to be published on the festival website and in the festival booklet.
- There will be at most 13 feature films for inclusion in the international section. No more than 3 Iranian feature films will be included in International Competition.
- There will be a maximum of 15 short films for inclusion in this section. No more than 3 Iranian short films will be included in International Competition.
- The festival office is allowed to use up to 5 minutes of the footage of the submitted films on websites or the national TV for promotional purposes.
- The festival office is not responsible for any damage caused to the films due to mailing/shipping services.
- The submitted films will not be returned and they will be kept in the festival film bank for educational and research purposes.
- The Festival Director will settle any case that might arise unexpectedly.
- In case of questions, disputes, misunderstandings, and unforeseen issues, the decisions of the directors of the Festival prevail.
- Further information on the professional panels, workshops, the international members of the jury and special guests will be announced on the festival website.
- Films made in/from Israel are not eligible to enter.
- Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned rules & regulations.